Calendar and tasks are closely connected time management tools.
Calendar is used for events with a specific date and time, tasks are for assignments without a specific time slot (you can set a deadline, though).
When you use the calendar to plan your events, all your events are automatically added to reporting (the same applies to tasks).
If you link an event with a project or company, it takes just one click to get from the calendar event to the company or project view, where you can see the activity log, contacts, added documents, and other important information.
Tasks are for planning your activities, even so, you can set a deadline with a specific date and time. It gives a thorough overview of your and other peoples’ activities. Unless a task is marked as done or deleted, it will stay in the task list – it won't be forgotten. Even so, done tasks can also be filtered out in the task list.
- Changing the order of tasks is simple – take your mouse cursor to the beginning of the task line, and drag and drop the task
- The list can be grouped, filtered and sorted by various conditions
- All the tasks that are marked done will automatically go into reporting
- You can assign tasks to others and link them, for example, to projects, contacts, documents, etc
- If you wish to find a task by a keyword, just type it into the search box
If you wish to view both scheduled tasks and time entries (in addition to events) in your calendar or hide them, you are able to adjust the calendar View options. Read more on time entries.
Just click on the task count to see the preview.
It's also possible to schedule tasks in your calendar.
You can also convert a task into an event and vice versa. In that case, the original task is removed from the task list – it's turned into an event. Just open the task (or event) modify view to convert it into a different activity.