1. What is Stripe?
Stripe is a widely used payment processing platform that makes sending and receiving payments online faster and easier. Integrating your Stripe account with Scoro lets you add an online payment link to your invoices, accelerating payment collection and making the payment experience hassle-free for your clients. With customers now able to pay you online directly from the link, you can reduce delays and minimize manual errors to boost cash flow.
2. What are the benefits of Stripe and online payments?
- Instant payment collection. Giving your clients the possibility to pay their invoice conveniently online optimizes the payment flow, resulting in fewer obstacles and delays. Clients can instantly make the payment from any device, at any place, at any time – meaning money arrives in your account faster than ever before.
- Automated data entry. All payments made via Stripe are automatically synced back to Scoro and respective invoices are marked as paid. This eliminates the need for any additional manual steps and reduces the risk of human error.
- Reduced processing costs.You eliminate the need to go through several processors and let Stripe do the heavy lifting for you instead. Stripe offers a simple pay-as-you-go pricing model, which means you don’t have to worry about monthly or annual fees, you simply pay a small flat-rate processing fee per transaction.
- Borderless payments. Stripe supports a variety of payment methods, such as credit cards, digital wallets, bank redirects etc, which make it easy to grow globally. Payment method preferences vary from country to country, but with Stripe you can accept many popular payment methods with just a single integration.
- Industry-standard. By now, people fully expect to be able to pay their invoices online. Adding an online payment link to your invoices helps meet those client expectations and boost client satisfaction.
3. How does the payment collection work?
- First you need to connect your Stripe account with Scoro. If you don’t have a Stripe account yet, you can create one directly via Scoro. Make sure you familiarize yourself with Stripe’s pricing beforehand.
- Once your Stripe account is connected, you can add a payment link placeholder to your invoice PDF and email templates.
- Scoro will now generate a payment link for every invoice you issue with respective templates. Your clients can instantly pay the invoice online via the link.
- Payment information is synced with Scoro as soon as the transfer is made. The respective invoice is automatically marked as paid in Scoro.
You can disconnect from Stripe and remove the payment links at any time. Note that any invoices you have already sent out with the payment link will still include it, even if you disconnect Stripe.
4. How to set up the integration and payment links?
Go to Settings > Site settings > Integrations > Stripe and click on the Connect Stripe button to connect either with an existing account or to create a new Stripe account.
Once your account is (created and) connected, you have to update your e-mail and invoice templates with the payment link.
1. Adding the link to invoice templates
Once your Stripe account is connected, you can update active invoice templates with the link from the same view. Select all the templates you want to update with the payment link and click Add the payment link.
Scoro will automatically add the payment link to each template after the price calculation table. If the invoice template doesn’t include a price calculation table, the link will be placed at the end of the main content section. This modification will change the respective invoice templates for all users.
If you want more control over the look or the placement of the link, you can modify your invoice templates manually. Let's see how!
1. Click Modify template to open the template in the modify view.
2. Navigate to the Main content tab and place your cursor to where you would like to show the payment link on your invoice. Then Insert a dynamic field by selecting the values Invoice and either Stripe payment link or Stripe payment button from the dropdown menus – depending on which format you prefer on your invoice. Scoro will generate the payment link/button placeholder. Save the changes.
4. Now whenever you compile an invoice with that template, the invoice will include a Pay now link/button that your clients can use to pay it instantly online.
Adding the link to e-mail templates templates
You can also add the payment link to your invoicing e-mails. This modification would affect only your own e-mails.
NB! Note that there is no tickbox in front of e-mail templates in the setup view because e-mail templates can only be updated one by one manually.
1. Click Modify template to open the respective e-mail template directly in the modify view.
2. Navigate to the Invoice e-mail template. Place your cursor to where you would like to show the payment link on your invoice. Then Insert a dynamic field by selecting the values Invoice and either Stripe payment link or Stripe payment button from the dropdown menus – depending on which format you prefer on your invoice. Scoro will generate the payment link/button placeholder. Save the changes.
4. Now whenever you send an invoice using that email template, the email will include a Pay now link/button that your clients can use to pay it instantly online.
Keep in mind that:
- The Pay now link/button won’t be shown if the invoice is already paid.
- You can add any text before or after the payment link for more context, but the name Pay now itself is preset and cannot be changed.
Now whenever someone pays the invoice via the Pay now link/button, this information will be synced back to Scoro and the invoice will be automatically marked as paid. Any resulting payment processing fees will be indicated on the invoice.
If you want to have an overview of which invoices have been paid via Stripe and therefore include payment fees, you can add a Payment fee column to your invoice list view from View > Data columns.
You can also apply a separate Payment fee filter if you want to filter out only invoices with payment processing fees or without.
If you're having any trouble with the setup or would like us to set the payment links up for you, simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note! Please keep in mind that, at the moment, the Stripe payment process is available only for regular invoices!
5. What to keep in mind about payment processing fees?
Stripe uses a pay-as-you-go approach to pricing, which means you don’t have to worry about monthly or annual fees, you simply pay a flat-rate fee per transaction.
For card payments, the exact fee varies based on the card’s country of issue. You can see the detailed breakdown of Stripe fees here.
Stripe processing fee
Scoro processing fee
1.4% + 0.25 €
2.5% + 0.25€
Non-EEA and non-UK cards
2.9% + 0.25€
If you would like to discuss volume pricing, get in touch.