Scoro’s Calendar is an excellent tool for managing your daily agendas – from events and tasks to time entries and focus blocks. You can easily track your client meetings and link them with relevant projects to ensure you always get paid for your time. In addition, the interlinked data allows you to analyze team utilization and time usage, compare costs against the estmates, etc.
However, switching over to new tools is rarely easy. Your team might prefer to keep managing their daily agendas in an external calendar instead of Scoro. To make sure you don’t lose any valuable data about billable time and utilization if this is the case, enable a respective calendar integration for your site. Integrating Scoro with an external calendar lets team members access and manage their Scoro calendar events in the external calendar and/or vice versa. Scoro currently supports integrations with Google Calendar, MS Exchange and iCal.
By taking time to set up the integration properly, you ensure that data that’s important for tracking, billing and reporting purposes will always find its way into Scoro from the external calendar.
Before deciding on your integration settings, consider the following as an admin user:
- Purpose of the integration. Why does your team need to integrate Scoro with an external calendar? Is it to pull data into Scoro for time-logging purposes? Or do your team members need to manage time and events from both calendars? This helps to determine the required sync direction – one-way or two-way sync.
- Team size. Is your team small and efficient enough that you can give everyone user-level control over the sync? Or do you manage a bigger team and require central control in order to minimize and prevent data errors? This helps you determine whether the integration requires a simple individual setup or a centrally-managed global setup.
Once you understand what you and your team need from the integration, proceed to the next articles that will teach you how to set up and manage the integration accordingly.
- Calendar integrations – setup recommendations based on use cases
- Google Calendar – how the sync works
- Google Calendar – central management
- Google Calendar – individual settings
MS Exchange Calendar: