- Create prepayment in Scoro by going to Invoices > Prepayment invoices and clicking + New.
- Create prepayment in Xero. When the payment is received (shown on a bank statement in Xero), the accountant or any other person responsible creates a prepayment object in Xero.
a. Accounting > Bank Accounts > Manage Accounts > New > Receive Money
c. Add the Scoro prepayment Invoice No. into the "Invoice #" field
d. This payment will be synced under the prepayment in Scoro. Numbers and currencies must match for this to happen.
There are two ways to use prepayments:
- When using regular prepayment – creating an invoice from prepayment and allocating it in Scoro
i. Invoice is made of that synced prepayment
iii. Sync will automatically use this prepayment also in Xero
- When using prepayment as project-based – using prepayment as project budget and allocating it to different invoices in Xero
i. Invoice is made in Scoro and synced to Xero.
ii. Allocate prepayment in Xero
1. Allocation in Xero from prepayment. Sales -> Invoices -> Awaiting payment -> the right prepayment from the list
2. Allocation from invoice.
iii. Prepayment amount allocated to invoice in Xero is imported as payment on an invoice in Scoro with the next sync.
Invoice in Scoro after sync: